Sunday 29 September 2013

Falling asleep in a Taxi

Neon lights: taxi-
lights fluoroscent outside-
my eyes fixed on them,
gazing out of my slid down window.

VACCANT-
a motel cries out.
FULL-
cries out another.

Beethoven playing on the radio,
I start melting
into my sleep,
slumped deeper into the taxi's cushy backseat.

A silence,
like the slit on the depths of oceans,
starts depositing,
at my feet.

It muffles,
the swishing of the trucks
and SUVS.
The window pane slides up.

Raindrops start pattering
on the aluminium roof.
Silence reaches my waist,
my driver changes the station,
Lifehouse starts playing You and Me.
It reaches my neck,
No, it does't stifle.
Only lifehouse recedes into a fainting rhythm.
The sound of the rushing engines
start dying out.
Fluroscent is engulfed by darkness.

I,
have melted,
vaporised,
escaped into my dreams.





No comments:

Post a Comment