Friday 20 December 2013

3rd floor Apartment window

"Oh, its so still, the velvety silence.
Shhh, did you hear it?"
"Yes, I did,
in the echoes of your heartbeat"

Now, suddenly out of a dream,
the dark corridors have closed their doors.
Your heart's echoes buried in my heart,
my insomnia will now outlast my sleep.

Uncovering my blanket,
I walk up to the window.
The few cars on the street,
make sure the city is always insomniac.

My nerves tingle for caffeine.
I make a cup of black coffee.
Oh, how it slides down my throat,
striking out all that was left of sleep.

I put a Kate Bush record.
And if I only could,
I'd make a deal with God,
And I'd get him to swap our places.


From my 3rd floor apartment,
I take the stairs.
Take a walk in the nightly rustles of the city,
I find myself at crossroads

Big digital screens blinking,
occasional taxi wheezing past.
And endless small, blinking lights.
I'd make a deal with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment